Bengaluru - Mantralaya - Bengaluru

Discussion in 'Non Film Topics' started by Don, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Don

Don Administrator

284 KM away from Bengaluru is Gooty. Super Road.

2. Don

Don Administrator

1200 KM and burning around 50 liters of diesel. Awesome drive.

Details to be shared soon.

3. KG18

KG18 Moderator

Cool man

4. Don

Don Administrator

Day 1: 10-November-12

Finally my plan for a long drive fulfilled with my new beauty “ETIOS LIVA”. This time I planned my trip with clean documentation like Insurance and Licence which were most important and learnt lesson from my previous incident.

I and my Wife started off at 2 PM from KG mane as I had to pick camera and his fuel card. It was 2.30 when we hit the Devanahalli airport stretch. Yes as ever we struggled to cross Bengaluru and post which it was a drive in air, fantastic road and phenomenal drive pleasure until Gooty which is about 254 KM. I nearly took 3.30 Hours as I was really cautious and offcourse I don’t enjoy speed.

Sunset on the way to Gooty:

[​IMG]

Gooty Road:

[​IMG]

From Gooty to Mantralaya I had to Pass Adoni which is a two way narrow road but really clean until you cross the railway check point which almost made us wait for 30 minutes in dark.

Gooty – Adoni is around 70 KM and Adoni to Mantralaya is around 50 KM. I did have pit stop at Adoni. I suggest Srinivasa hotel owned by Kannadiga and you will be greeted with kannada speaking hotel staff, the unlimited meals was awesome. My wife picked up some fried rice and that too was surprisingly super. Post that moved for a beeda which is my best part of a good food and again greeted by a Kannada panwala.

From then started off to my destination Mantralaya which is again amazing road with no or little traffic, I hardly encountered around 10 vehicles throughout the stretch. Mind you the stretch looks scary too. Finally reached Mantralaya at 10 PM and checked it at our usual lodge “UDUPI BHAVAN” for a double bed room for Rs. 700 only.

Day 1: 11-November-12

Got up aramaagi at 8 PM and I always wanted to bath in Tungabhadra and started to move towards the water channel which is about a KM walk from hotel. You will be encountered with lot of people offering free chombu to take bath and however is a marketing strategy to buy pooja items. Infact I really wanted a chombu as I do not know to swim and wanted to drop my luggage n sandals somewhere and the best option was these shops.
    Entered temple starting with “Manchalamma” and followed by “Sri Raghavendra Swamy” shrine. Usually Mantralaya is very little crowded unlike other well known temples and I finished my two time darshana in a span of 1 hour and moved to free oota ( prasada ). Let me tell the taste is unmatched. To note the dining hall is sponsored by Sudha Murthy.

Post that we came back to our rooms by 11 AM and rested for 30 minutes before we headed to my homehalli “Joolagudda” small village in Lingasugur taluk, Raichur District. If our great politicians had balls even our Mantralaya would have in the same district and state.

5. madesha

madesha Administrator

Good one DON..I also need to update about my trips here in March to Costa Rica before some bad times came to me.

6. Don

Don Administrator

Please do, we can't make it personally atleast let's feel it here.

7. santhosh_kns

santhosh_kns

OoooO, How did i miss this one! Superb Don. Your details are so precise that we even got to know that double bed room in Krishna Bhavan costs 700.

8. Don

Don Administrator

He said 750 but negotiated to 700, but i expect its way less than that. But a manageable room for a day affair :super:

9. KG18

KG18 Moderator

great one

10. Kaddipudi

Kaddipudi

super :super: