Costal update - 2000 BJP men to join jds in puttur

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion Section' started by Hello Gentleman, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Hello Gentleman

Hello Gentleman

Recently jd(S) is on rise in coastal districts.

See the below links
    Hundreads of Bjp,congress workers join Jd(S) in Sullia
    http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_dis ... _id=154902

Sadananda shetty and various officers joined Jd(s),sadananda shetty announced candidate in mangalore south
    http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_dis ... _id=153907

nagaraj Shetty joined jd(s)
    http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Man ... 934761.ece

Discontented Congress workers join JD(S)
    http://www.mangaloretoday.com/mt/index. ... &type=2837

There are various such sources which indicate Jd(S) popularity on rise in Dakshina kannada district.Jd(s) is continously trying to get halady srinivas shetty and Shakunthala shetty to Party and is continously trying to improve its base.

But my important Questions is
    1) Will this increasing popularity just lead to rise in voting percentages or will it lead to Jd(S) opening its account in assembly elections?
    2) Who is going to be hit more? Congress or BJP?

Coastal districts have always been seen as a district where trends appear(BJP's innings first started in coastal areas only),is this the beggining of Jd(s) in Coastal districts?

2. swamy

swamy New Member

I think JDS will open the account this time. If they can get halady srinivas shetty and Shakunthala shetty to Party , then it will be major break for JDS in coastal. HDK is working very hard, which needs to be Appreciated. Both congress and BJP will be impacted. Congress very bad party, all leader are still taking rest and expecting people will vote them has an alternative to BJP. I think people should not vote lazy congress. they need to go with JDS and BJP. Party like congress should be rested for many years, so that they start working hard.

3. swamy

swamy New Member

Y S V Dutta is going to win Kadur 100% this time.

4. santhosh_kns

santhosh_kns

Shakunthala shetty may get back to BJP. Should Appreciate HDK for d way he is working to bring back his party into power.

5. madesha

madesha Administrator

6. Hello Gentleman

Hello Gentleman

Actually this is a old news. What happened is Even in 2008 elections C S puttegowda was givent ticket and was told that this is the last time you are going to get ticket.Hence CS puttegowda wants to join Congress this time.But Chennarayapattana is Jd(s) Stronghold. Even if CS puttegowda contest frm congress he will loose. As far as i know 16 village grama panchayats have decided to join jd(s) if Cs puttegowda is given ticket. I dont think jd(s) is much concerned over here.

Comming to H Vishwanath,he had won from sakleshpura in 2004. But in 2008 Sakleshpura became a reserved constituentcy and as a result he had contested from Basavanagudi in bangalore and had got 4000 votes. But Jd(s) had won in sakleshpur where Hk kumaraswamy(not HDK) won from handsome margin. So H vishwanath wanted to contest from belur.But jd(s) denied belur seat for him as he as no influence there.So he decided to contest from congress where sitting congress mla Rudresh gowda has said that he will not contest this time due to health problems.
    Jd(s) is least bothered about them ,actually they wanted to get rid of them.
    BTW the Jd(s) candidates in hassan are
    Arakalagud - A T ramaswamy(most honest uy in jd(s))
    Sakleshpur - H K Kumaraswamy(sitting mla)
    Hassan - H S prakash(sitting mla)
    Arasikere - Shivalingegowda ( Sitting mla)
    Holenarsipura/Belur - Revanna/Bhavani Revanna And finally Chenarayapattana - C N balakrishna(Not a relative of HDD)

7. Hello Gentleman

Hello Gentleman

One thing we have note,not always sitting mla will win. So sometimes based on situtation tickets should be denied to sitting mla's. Modi does this everytime.Almost everytime he has denied tickets to half of sitting mla's. Sometimes we need to analyse the constituentcy and if party is strong,it should change anti-incumbent mla's.

8. santhosh_kns

santhosh_kns

Good analysis Gentleman. Regarding basavanagudi constituency, this time sai gold palace saravana may contest from JDS.

9. Hello Gentleman

Hello Gentleman

It is 99% confirmed that TA Saravana of Sai gold palace is going to contest from basavanagudi. There were also thoughts of giving ticket to malavika but finally they have settled for T A Sravana. If you are staying in basavanagudi you should see increased activity of TA saravana these days. Literaly every Cultural programme and pooja program is conducted by TA saravana.He has also started comming in various channels as a gold expert.But the idea here is increase his image among general public.

Basavanagudi has around 70 thousand Brahmins and 50 thousand vokkaligas. Seeing this Jd(s) has asked H vishwanath to cotest from basdavanagudi.But H Vishwanath had failed to make any impact. Congress Ex-Mla from Basavanagudi Chandrashekar has a very good name is very much credited for improving the constituencty.Yet he lost to Ravci Subramanya due to bjp wave and caste factor(high concentration of Brahmins).

There are 4 BBMP wards in Basavanagudi and BJP has won two wards where as Congress and Jd(S) has won one ward each.So this constituencty will be a good one to observe,although BJP is still on a strong wicket here.

It will be a nice triangular contest in the upcomming assembly elections as Congress candidate has a good name and Jd(s) candidate is doing good works to improve his reputation.
    If caste mobilisation happens then it could be a contest between BJP and Jd(s).Brahmins will still vote for BJP candidate. So it will depends on how the other communities vote this time.

10. santhosh_kns

santhosh_kns

But Saravana is neither a brahmin or gowda. I m sure he ll lose dis elections. Bitti publicity he is getting. And donno from where he is getting money to do all dis things!

11. santhosh_kns

santhosh_kns

There was talk that dodda ganesh will contest from jds in basavanagudi. I guess it was just a rumour lookin at d way Saravana is working.

12. Hello Gentleman

Hello Gentleman

Rumours are that percentage of HDK's black money is invested in sai gold palace.But this is just rumour and no concreate evidences are there to back it up.Comming to Saravana's caste factor i dont think that would matter much in this election. brahmin votes are pretty much fixed to BJP.That will not change even if Jd(s) has put malavika as candidate.

Like i said,BJP might still win it,but with lot of difficulties. If sarvana suceeds in getting more than 10-15 thousand votes it would still benefit BJP.To me this seat is pretty much a BJP seat.

13. santhosh_kns

santhosh_kns

In d noon, after we discussed here abt basavanagudi. Was discussing d same thing wit my dad n couple other ppl. All of them gave same opinion. It will be good competition. Even KJP will field some local leader who has certain image in those areas. Congress may have Chandrashekar. So it ll be a good fight even though Ravi of BJP is leading. But its not easy one to win for BJP.

14. Hello Gentleman

Hello Gentleman

There is a Candidate Katte Satyanarayana who has been Corporator for 4 consecutive times.If he Jumps into the fray as a Independent or from any party it will make contest very competative.
    As i know Ravi Subhramanya does not carry negative image.But BJP is carrying a negative image. If other community votes get consolidated against BJP i am sure they will loose election.Right now I do not think we can rule out anyone's chance( Ravi Subhramanya or Chandrashekar or T A Saravana). All can give equally good competation to this seat. Right now basavanagudi is full of TA Saravana's programmes. So His inclusion has spiced up this contest.

15. swamy

swamy New Member

Very good contest in kanakapura between PGR and DK....PGR might win with small margin.
    Magadi - Balakrishna will manage to win
    Ramanagar - HDK will win
    Channapatna - very good contest between Yogi and Anitha. Anitha might win.

16. santhosh_kns

santhosh_kns

@swamy I hope all your Predictions regarding Ramnagar district comes true. And regarding Channapatna, Local JDS leaders say Anitha is not coming to Channapatna. Some local leader will contest from der as usual. If anitha comes, then it ll be Habba.

17. Hello Gentleman

Hello Gentleman

My prediction for Ramanagara district is

Ramanagar - Easy win for Kumaraswamy
    Magadi - Easy win for H C balakrishna( I think Jedralli Krishnamurthy might be congress candidate here)
    Chennapattana - Anithakumaraswamy will win but there will be huge fight by yogeswar(Muslim votes will be come handy for JdSas Yogeswar will be contesting from BJP,(Congress has denied tickets for operation kamala candidates)
    Kanakpura - DK shivakumar might win,but it will be a very tough battle

To me Ramanagara district will fetch 3 Seats this time for Jd(s). It could be 4 but DK Shivakumar is still very strong in kanakapura.

18. Chanda Marutha

Chanda Marutha Administrator Staff Member

Shravanabelagola MLA C.S. Putte Gowda and the former MLA, H.M. Vishwanath(represented Sakleshpur in the Assembly) announcing their decision to quit the JD(S) party ...

Revanna’s ‘harassment’ made us quit: Hassan leaders

Janata Dal (Secular) suffered a setback with Shravanabelagola MLA C.S. Putte Gowda and the former MLA, H.M. Vishwanath, announcing their decision to quit the party.

Mr. Gowda and Mr. Vishwanath (who represented Sakleshpur in the Assembly) will resign after the Assembly session in Belgaum. Attempts by JD(S) State president H.D. Kumaraswamy to retain them in the party failed.

While JD(S) sources claim that they were leaving the party as they didn’t expect to get the party ticket for the Assembly elections, Mr. Gowda and Mr. Vishwanath attribute their decision to “harassment” by JD(S) Legislature Party leader H.D. Revanna. However, both of them admitted that they were not sure of getting the party ticket to contest the elections.

Speaking to The Hindu, Mr. Gowda said the JD(S) was planning to field C.N. Balakrishna, president, Hassan District Central Cooperative Bank and a former zilla panchayat president.

His contribution to the party had not been considered, Mr. Gowda said and claimed that Mr. Revanna had humiliated him at public meetings on several occasions. Despite all this, he said he stayed back in the party hoping that the situation would improve. “I did not leave the party even when the former Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa tried to lure me into joining the Bharatiya Janata Party,” he said.

The JD(S) wanted to field Mr. Balakrishna from Shravanabelagola even in 2008; however, Mr. Gowda got the ticket because of pressure from his followers. Sources close to Mr. Gowda said that he was informed of the candidate who would contest from Shravanabelagola.

Mr. Vishwanath claimed that though Mr. Kumaraswamy promised to field him from Belur, Mr. Revanna opposed the decision. Therefore, he said he was leaving the party, with which he had been associated for close to two decades. Sources close to Mr. Gowda said he had offers from the Congress and the Karnataka Janata Party (KJP), but he preferred the former. However, Mr. Gowda said he had good relations with all political parties and that would take a decision after consulting his supporters.

Mr. Vishwanath is yet to decide on his future course of action. He may choose either the Congress or KJP. As he intended to contest from Belur, Mr. Vishwanath might opt for KJP, said one of his close associates.