Jd(s) -gt devegowda,tamanna to join jd(s)

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion Section' started by Hello Gentleman, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Hello Gentleman

Hello Gentleman

This thread is dedicated to happenings in Jd(s) party.

Today HD kumaraswamy had approached BJP district president and former MLA BG shivakumar in mandya and asked him to join the party and Shivakumar has agreed to it and will resign from BJP and Join jd(s).But what i am not able to understand is what has jd(s) offered him to accept Jd(s) and resign his post? Is jd(s) planning to give him ticket for assembly election. As far as i know the assembly tickets for the below five constituentcies are guranteed.

K R Pet - Krishna(former speaker)
    Melukote - CS puttaraju
    Nagamangala - Cheluvaraya swamy
    Mallavalli - Annadani
    Srirangapattana - Ramesh bandi siddegowda?

But Ticket for

Maddur - Definatly kalpana siddaraju will be defined ticket
    mandya - Rumours are that party is not happy with SR srinivas.

So Is JD(s) going to offer ticket for shivakumar in any of the above 2 constituentcies or is he offered any other position .Even there are rumours of DC thamanna joing Jd(s) and contesting from Maddur.but nothing is confirmed.

2. swamy

swamy New Member

3. Don

Don Administrator

What are your prediction on JD(s), i mean the total number of seats expected to win?

4. Hello Gentleman

Hello Gentleman

I believe 50-55-60 seats.But Previously i have been proved wrong.perhaps I may be over-estimating Jd(s) because that is the party which i am associated with.

5. Hello Gentleman

Hello Gentleman

Today I saw Interview of GT devegowda(former hunsur MLA) in TV9.He said he was intrested and looking to contest from either hunsur or Chamundheshwari.now Thats intresting.Last time he had contested in Hunsur from BJP and came 3rd. Jd(s) candidate chikkamadhu came second then.Irony is it was same GT devegowda who had brought Chikkamadhu to Jd(s) in 2005. Now Chikkamadhu is a loyal Jd(s) worker and he has been with jd(s) in tough times and more or less he is confirmed to contest in Hunsur in next year assembly election.
    So now why is GT devegowda talking about chamundeshwari constituentcy? Winning from Chamundeshwari from BJP is very tough as it is a vokkaliga bastion and opinion of vokkaligas towards BJP is not really good.So i am guessing that he wants to return to Jd(s) and since jd(s) has already decided about chikkamadhu contesting in Hunsur,they are probably thinking of making GT devegowda contest from Chamundeshwari?Is it so? or is this just political speculation.

If Jd(s) is sucessfull in getting GT devegowda into its fold,then more or less it can pack Hunsur assembly seat to its number tally.(Not that it cannot,but it will make it more easy for it to win Hunsur seat).additionally if GT devegowda is brought back to Jd(s) vijayshankar might contest from BJP in Hunsur who might split Kuruba votes which might work in favour of Jd(s) again.

If Jd(s) leaders are good in strategy they should do this.

6. Hello Gentleman

Hello Gentleman

Swamy
    Somehow i feel Jd(s) is gonna sweep Hassan and Mandya this time. That is my gut feeling.

7. Don

Don Administrator

Wish this happens. fear is KJP, BSR are new parties and votes may get split.

8. Hello Gentleman

Hello Gentleman

Don, Congress is the major competator for Jd(s) in the areas where it is strong.I dont think Jd(s) is much bothered about KJP and BSR in its strong hold areas.BTW,ravikiran televison actor is contesting from Raja rajeshwari nagar constituentcy

9. santhosh_kns

santhosh_kns

Any chances of Ravikiran getting elected? wat s d scenario there!

10. swamy

swamy New Member

JDS will get more than 50 and i will not be surprised if they get around 60-65.

Getting postive reports from kolar for JDS

11. Hello Gentleman

Hello Gentleman

Kolar generally flips/flops between congress and Jd(s) .Last time in Kolar and chikkabalapur district Congress had won 7 seats,BJP 2 seats and Jd(s) 2 seats and 1 Independent.This time situtation has changed.

Srinivas gowda has joined Jd(s). Narayanswamy joined BJP due to operation kamala. Chinthamani MLA Sudhakar has openly declared he would contest as a Independent. varthur prakash after joining and quitting all parties has talked about settling in BSR and recently forming his own party. Shivashankar reddy of gouribidanur has also talked about contesting as rebel. Sampangi has spoilt his name after being caught red handed to lokayuktha in bribery case. Same with Krishnian shetty in land scam.

Like i had stated previously,if not for KH muniyappa congress would have been on a strong wicket.But now due to him,many of the leaders are migrating to other parties. There are rumours of Narayanswamy(current bangarpete mla) joining jd(s).

Jd(s) has some wave towards it. Need to see how it will utilse it. My guess is Jd(s) is going to grab more than 5-6 seats in undivided kolar district(kolar and chikkaballapur).Apart from Bangarpet Jd(s) is sure to come either first or second.That it is going to give tough fight in minimum 11 constituentcies out of 12.Lets see what happens there.

Jd(s) candidates in kolar and chikkaballapur are(currently confirmed)

Kolar - Srinivas gowda ( 3 times MLA and fighting against Varthur Prakash,strong chances of winning it)
    Srinivaspura - Venkatashiva reddy ( sitting MLA, senior veteran 4 times MLA,strong possibility of retaining it)
    KGF - bhaktavatsalam( togh fight with RPi party rajendran and Congress party- kh muniyapa's daughter might get ticket here)
    Gaouribidanur - Jyothi reddy(ex-mla and has chances of winning it)
    Shidlaghatta - M rajanna ( last time had lost in 2-3 thousand votes,fighting against 5 times mla m
    Chikkaballapura - K P bachegowda(sitting MLA)

Rest i will update later

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12. swamy

swamy New Member

JDS will do very good in Tumkur.

13. RaShi

RaShi New Member

Hmmm, don't think so and even M Srinivas, current MLA is doubtful of winning next time. RR Nagar will be interesting to watch...
    HG, nice to know you are associated with JD(s). :super:

14. Hello Gentleman

Hello Gentleman

But even congress candidate is not strong leader either.This is one constituentcy where no one has no indication of who might win.

15. Appu-TheShowMan

Appu-TheShowMan Moderator

The current atomic waste issue will be a major set back for congress in kolara
    JDs will gain big time

16. Don

Don Administrator

I fear this, KJP might do well as Lingayath's are huge in number or am i wrong?

17. Don

Don Administrator

JDS party has decided to contest all the 224 assembly constituencies. We have drawn up an elaborate campaign strategy and announcing the candidates’ list much ahead of the assembly elections is part of that,” JD(S) spokesman YSV Datta said.

According to party sources, former chief minister HD Kumaraswamy will contest the assembly polls from Ramanagar constituency. His wife Anita Kumaraswamy, who is representing Madhugiri constituency, will be shifted to Chennapatna.

CN Balakrishna, brother of Deve Gowda’s son-in-law Dr CN Manjunath, is almost certain to be fielded from Shravanabelagola seat in Hassan district. However, party supremo HD Deve Gowda is yet to take a final decision on the entry of his second daughter-in-law, Bhavani (wife of HD Revanna) into the poll arena. JD(S) sources have ruled out the chances of HD Revanna’s son Prajwal contesting the assembly polls as he has not attained the eligibility age of 25.

18. madesha

madesha Administrator

For the sake of Karnataka centric issues I want JDS and/or KJP to do well.