Netflix/Amazon stuffs discussions

Discussion in 'Non-Kannada Movie Discussion Forum' started by Gentleman, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Gentleman

Gentleman aDDa Junior

Share/Suggest the originals/movies/series

Sent from my vivo 1611 using Tapatalk

Gopi Kiccha likes this.
  2. Gentleman

Gentleman aDDa Junior

Suggest the best u have watched.. It will be helpfull for others.

Gopi Kiccha likes this.
  3. Jeevaa

Jeevaa aDDa Junior

Narcos - Biography of Drug lord Pablo Escobar
    13 Reasons Why - Best Screenplay
    Money Heist - Thriller

Yet to complete Breaking Bad .

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Gentleman likes this.
  4. Gentleman

Gentleman aDDa Junior

Manhunt:unaBomber is a brilliant series...

Jeevaa likes this.
  5. BG013

BG013 aDDa Junior

1. Money Heist..
    2. Love per square feet..
    3. Bose.. Alt balaji series about Subash Chandra Bose
    4. Bodyguard (BBC Series I think it is now on Netflix or Amazon)
    5. Apaharan (Alt Balaji Series not sure if it present on any others)
    6. Sacred Games
    7. Ghoul (Horror Thriller with terrorism back drop)
    8. Maaya Season 1 (Alt Balaji Series Desi version of Fifty Shades *Adult Content)
    9. Line of duty (BBC Series I think it is on either of digital platforms)
    10. Rishta ( two friends running a matrimony business)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gentleman likes this.
  6. cinemapremi

cinemapremi New Member

Gentleman likes this.
  7. cinemapremi

cinemapremi New Member

8. cinemapremi

cinemapremi New Member

Gentleman likes this.
  9. Bhargavi H Chandrashekar

Bhargavi H Chandrashekar aDDa Junior

[​IMG]
    Title: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Genre: American Periodical Comedy Drama
    Runtime: 43-61 Mins
    Amazon Prime Original
    Rating: 4.2/5 - Must Watch
    2 Season Old

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is a fast paced and vibrant periods comedy drama about an unlikely protoganist in an unconventional journey to becoming a stand-up comic who is just herself. She talks about life as it is without the farcical grab of a fake character or a caricature.

Rachel Broshahan is Incredible as Mr. Maisel putting invigorating energy into the character. She can be caustic and inspiring at the same time, strong and weak in the same moment.

Alex Borstein as the manager of the Gaslight Cafe is a misfit who lives in a cardboard box but one look at Midge and She's sold to her potential as a comic. Despite being an Unpredictable cynic, as a woman she steadfastly stands by Midge and Makes it her life's purpose to break her out of the world.

Tony Shalhoub and Marin Hinkle as Midge's parents Moishe and Shirley are colourful characters who are fervently unreasonable at times and behave childishly in scenes that are hilariously played out

Gopi Kiccha likes this.
  10. Bhargavi H Chandrashekar

[​IMG]
    Title: Altered Carbon
    Genre: Cyberpunk, Science fiction, Action thriller, Neo-Noir, Crime drama
    Runtime: 46–66 minutes
    Rating: 4/5 Must watch
    Netflix Original Series, 1 Season old (10 Episodes)

When immortality is taken for granted, faith dies, the rich become gods and human beings lose track of their very nature, all encompassed in a gripping series of 10 episodes.

For Neo-Noir/Cyberpunk fans this series is like a neatly wrapped gift! Visually Stunning! It's like the, a new sleeve for Blade Runner.

Joel Kinnaman brings the character of Takeshi to life instead of being a generic tough action hero. He's quite relatable in many regards and raises the show up a notch in the excellently executed action sequences. This show might do what Breaking Bad did in TV drama and hopefully prompt more networks to bring other unconventional lost sci-fi/Cyberpunk gems to life.

Gopi Kiccha, Gentleman and Raghu144 like this.
  11. Bhargavi H Chandrashekar

Love Per Square Foot – Netflix’s First Original Hindi Film!

There was a time when we used to wait for ages, just to watch our favorite movie on the TV (Why, because we couldn’t afford watching it in the theatre or the movie isn’t not going to release in the small towns). Perhaps things have changed now. We can watch anything in just a little tiny device in our hand; Smartphone. If we want a better enchantment there’s always a Laptop or the Smart TV. Netflix and Amazon Prime Video is changing Indian Audience views about experiencing a far cry from contents. So when Netflix announced its very first original Hindi Film “Love Per Square Foot” I was kind of very excited. Finally Netflix is concerned about India and started producing some indigenous contents.

[​IMG]

There was also an another reason for my super excitement.! Love Per Square Foot is directed by Anand Tiwari an actor cum associate director and also turned as the director of web series. Well, there it is!! Bang Baaja Baarat, the Y Films shorts, staring Angira Dhar. Yes! This is both Angira Dhar and Anand Tiwari’s debut in Bollywood. Angira as the Débutante actress and Anand as the Début Director. Most of you have noticed her in Ads as well (Remember in Domino’s? Kohinoor Basmati Rice? Oh forget it Diary Milk Silk Ad! The girl In the specs). And not to forget ‘Beg, Borrow & Steal’ Season 2 which used to air in the channel Bindass.

Talking about LPSF it’s a story about, Sanjay Chaturvedi (Vicky Kaushal) An easy going middle class guy, software engineer and also son of the railway announcer Bhaskar Chaturvedi (Raghubir Yadav) At Dadar station who is about to retire and move back to his roots. But Sanjay, who lived up his entire life in a tiny house dreams about owning a flat in the Mumbai City! Karina D’Souza (Angira Dhar) On the other end who shares the same dream. Owning a house and sharing things 50-50 along with her partner. Who loves to live a life just like she wanted to. We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness. The destiny brings Sanjay and Karina together in the office party, who happens to work at the same place but at different levels. Sanjay being in the IT Department and Karina at the Banking sector.

[​IMG]

Karina is engaged to Samuel Misquitta (Kunaal Roy Kapur) Basically a rich and a stable Christian boy. But Karina thinks he’s the not the one she wanted, who is good to share the happiness and responsibility (50-50). Sanjay is interested in Rashi Khurana (Alankrita Sahai) Who happens to be his boss and he’s in a dilemma whether she likes him or not. The whole office knows about the boss & employee affair. Rashi & Sanjay’s encounter are fun comical which brings a little laughter.

And the story then moves into the major section. Sanjay & Karina will apply for a Jeevan Sathi Home Plan. This is the scheme basically for the Married Couples. Then starts the all dramas & Humgama. Will they ever get a chance to fulfil their dream of owning a house? Will Sanjay & Karina ever realize it’s love and not just a deal? Or is it just a deal no love-shove? Is the remaining part of the story.

Love Per Square Foot is not just like any other typical Bollywood Rom-Com. This movie also has the deeper meaning. It doesn’t just showcase how difficult it is to get a house in the metro cities (ah also an Auto in the place like Mumbai, wink) It emphasis the meaning of Marriage.

[​IMG]

The movie has a right amount of crazy shtick moments. Not to forget the two ladies, Blossom D’souza (Ratna Pathak Shah) & Lata Chaturvedi (Supriya Pathak) Such an amazing acting. The duo never failed in an attempt to bring some comical relief. Ratna Pathak as the single parent who wants her daughter to have a happy life does some amazing job. Her encounters with Angira was a treat to watch.

All the supporting characters have done their job perfectly. It’s the chemistry between Vicky and Angira that steals the show. The music by Sohail Sen is good to listen, but not with the context of the movie, felt like it was an overdose while the movie is running in the background. Avinash Arun cinematography is decent, bringing the feel of the movie at the right amount with the different tone and texture. Anand Tiwari as the director gets the two thumbs up who never failed to come up with the USP even with the simple story. Narration towards the end lags, the movie could have been shorter & crispier if it was trimmed for 20mins.

Overall, it was fun to watch the movie. At the end of the day, it’s an Entertainment that all matters. Ah! Hera Hai Hera the surprise element at the end of the movie makes the climax as the perfect ending. To me it was something more than 3.5 but lesser than 4. On the scale of 10 I would rate this movie with 7.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    Gopi Kiccha likes this.
  12. Gentleman

Gentleman aDDa Junior

Who wrote this review???

13. Bhargavi H Chandrashekar

I wrote this.

Gopi Kiccha likes this.
  14. Bhargavi H Chandrashekar

15. Gentleman

Gentleman aDDa Junior

Such a depth review?? Felt like reading a news paper....
    Great! u have lot of patience
    Will watch it today

16. Bhargavi H Chandrashekar

ThanQ, means a lot. Hope you love watching the film too.

The review was originally posted on my blog - Love Per Square Foot – Netflix’s First Original Hindi Film!

Gentleman likes this.
  17. Gentleman

Gentleman aDDa Junior

18. Appu_Kannadiga

Appu_Kannadiga aDDa Junior

Lost, Game of thrones, Breaking bad

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Nandhan likes this.