Netflix/Amazon stuffs discussions

Discussion in 'Non-Kannada Movie Discussion Forum' started by Gentleman, Jan 1, 2019.

1. BG013

BG013 aDDa Junior

Talking about web series, here are some of them..
    1. Permanent Roommates (This is about the relationship between a couple who are poles apart 2 seasons)
    2. TVF Tripling (This is about Sibling love.. the climax episode is kinda redefinition of how a relationship between the parents and children should be)
    3. TVF Pitchers (this is about start up by 4 friends)
    4. What the folks (comedy series)
    5. Aam aadmi family
    6. Baked Season 1 and 2 (College friends life journey)

All the above three are available on YouTube and some of them on TVF website as well..

Some of them just okay to watch like Flames and there is another about college reunion that’s good one as well..

To be frank the actors who acted in these are so so good most of the main stream actors are nothing in front of them..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gentleman likes this.
  2. Bhargavi H Chandrashekar

Bhargavi H Chandrashekar aDDa Junior

[​IMG]
    Title: Absentia
    Genre: Crime Thriller
    Runtime: 42 minutes
    Rating: 3.5/5
    Prime Original, 1 Season Old (10 Episodes)

Absentia, from Amazon Prime, is one of those superlative series. Superlatives like spellbinding, spine tingling, suspense-filled, thrilling! It deserves all the superlatives you’ve got.

When FBI Agent Emily Byrne (Stana Katic) reappears after an absence of 6 years, nobody knows where she’s been. Even she doesn’t know where she’s been. A man is in jail for murdering her, even though they never found a body. She was declared dead in absentia, get it? Yeah.

Her husband, FBI Agent Nick (Patrick Heusinger), is now married to Alice (Cara Theobold). They are raising Emily’s son Flynn (Patrick McAuley). Nick only waited a year before marrying again, which I personally hold against him.

Another murdered body is found floating in the Charles River with the signature of the serial killer who is in jail for murdering Emily. And Emily’s DNA is under his fingernails.

Emily wants to find out who the real killer is and what happened to her for the last six years. She was tortured and almost drowned repeatedly. But the FBI and the Boston Police Department all like Emily for this new murder. As the series moves forward, several new murders pop up that have evidence pointing to her. Every time she makes a bit of progress on her case, someone else dies and it looks like she did it.

Emily’s ex, Nick, believes she’s innocent about half the time. Other people who stick beside her are her brother Jack (Neil Jackson) and her dad (Paul Freeman).

[​IMG]

Emily finally takes off on her own to find answers and prove her innocence. She’s following leads and dodging both the FBI and the Boston PD. She stays one step ahead of them. In fact she phones in clues to the morons chasing her because she finds them before they do.

A disheveled BPD detective named Tommy (Angel Bonanni) teams up with Nick to hunt her down. At first Nick tries to protect her and help her, but he finally joins the hunt and believes she’s guilty of all sorts of horrible things.

It’s tense and exciting. Every episode has new clues, new leads. People who looked guilty are checked out and discarded. More and more leads take Emily and the cops on a chase through time and space. Much of what the story is about relates to Emily’s time in an orphanage and to a crazy scientist who put the children in his care through some terrifying and insane experiments.

Several times I was convinced I knew who was responsible for all the murders and for Emily’s torture. Several times I was wrong. There are a few improbable or illogical things that happen in service of the story, but they didn’t detract.

[​IMG]

Absentia offers some of the most compelling television I’ve seen in ages. Wonderful performances, especially from Stana Katic, a fear-inducing score, excellent direction, perfectly chosen locations – it all compels attention.

The characters are all flawed in various ways. Nick is a putz most of the time. Emily’s brother Jack is a disbarred surgeon with an alcohol problem. Emily herself doesn’t know exactly what she’s capable of doing or may have done in the past. Even the supporting characters were well-written, especially Alice.

Absentia was created by Matthew Cirulnick and Gaia Violo, with several more female writers working on the series. Every episode was directed by Oded Ruskin. If you watch it, don’t forget to breathe!

Gopi Kiccha likes this.
  3. Bhargavi H Chandrashekar

[​IMG]
    Title: Permanent Roomates
    Genre: Romance Comedy
    Runtime: 30-60 mins
    Rating: 3.5/5
    TVF Play, 2 Season old (13 Episodes)

Permanent Roomates web series by TVF is about a young couple Tanya(Nidhi Singh) and Mikesh(Sumeet Vyas), who were in a long distance relationship for 3 years.

As Mikesh comes back to india and proposes Tanya for marriage, the emotional journey begins. While they get occupied in planning their future, life starts giving them surprises.

Another major role in the show is of Purushottam(Deepak Kumar Mishra) who is a broker as well as a driver.

One will surely notice the maturity in two lead actors while going from season1 to season 2. The story has been executed very well as it has all the ingredients like drama, romance as well as joy to cook a perfect story.

BG013 and Gopi Kiccha like this.
  4. Gentleman

Gentleman aDDa Junior

'Selection Day' is intriguing....
    Looking for the season2

Sent from my vivo 1611 using Tapatalk

5. Bhargavi H Chandrashekar

I'm yet to watch, I loved the novel though. Hope I'll watch the TV series soon.

Gentleman likes this.
  6. Gopi Kiccha

Gopi Kiccha aDDa Junior

7. Gentleman

Gentleman aDDa Junior

8. Jeevaa

Jeevaa aDDa Junior

Birdbox - Easily watchable once

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Appu_Kannadiga and Gentleman like this.
  9. Gopi Kiccha

Gopi Kiccha aDDa Junior

Yeah Kannada li adonde nodirodu naanu webseries

10. Nandhan

Nandhan aDDa Junior

ನೋಡಿ :thumbsup

Gentleman likes this.
  11. Nandhan

Nandhan aDDa Junior

Watch #virgin boys Kannada webseries..

12. Bhargavi H Chandrashekar

Loose Connection was the first full-fledged Kannada Webseries. Although there were many kannada series before Loose Connection, they were only few episodes like 1 to 3 and never uploaded the next episodes even after months. Thanks to Sakkat Studio for introducing us to Kannada Webseries.

Nandhan and Gopi Kiccha like this.
  13. Bhargavi H Chandrashekar

14. Bhargavi H Chandrashekar

[​IMG]
    Dice Media | Little Things | Web Series | Season 1 - YouTube

Little Things is a web-series about the sweet little moments experienced by a young couple in their everyday life.

The First season is available on YouTube, because of its wide popularity Netflix conquered the Season 2 Rights and Season 2 is available on Netflix. I didn't like the Season 2, but I loved watching Season 1 for its simplicity and no unnecessary drama. This series will extract the hidden laughter and smile which you manage to always hold back and will relate to you on so many levels.

15. BG013

BG013 aDDa Junior

This one is perfect time pass.. I watched this during one of our flight journey..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Bhargavi H Chandrashekar

College Reunion, The Reunion by The Zoom Studios? Starring Sapna Pabbi, Veer, Anuj and Sherya.. I loved that series.

BG013 likes this.
  17. BG013

BG013 aDDa Junior

Yes correct.. All the actors are so good.. :)
    The others I watched are
    Bin Bulaye Mehaman Season 1 & 2, Grass is greener on the other side Season 1 &2 and some other SIT Series are good.. All these are just time-pass but with some realistic content but now they are becoming monotonous so I don't watch too often..

18. Gentleman

Gentleman aDDa Junior

Rage of Indian web series...
    1.Inside edge
    2. Breathe
    3. Sacred games

I felt these 3 Gems established Amazon & Netflix in India...

Sent from my vivo 1611 using Tapatalk