Sachin Tendular - Walkthrough

Discussion in 'Sports Discussion Section' started by madesha, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Akash

Akash

Even Shivanna had to wait for a long time to get a century before Mylari..So i think that hairstyle is lucky to get a hundred...Will try that hairstyle when i m going to my final exams..

2. Vijay24

Vijay24 New Member

:mdr1: :mdr1:

3. BENKI CHENDU

BENKI CHENDU Kannada chaLuvaligaara

dehada bere bere bhaagagaLalli koodalu hengide annodra mele runs baro hangidre ellaru sikka sikka kade koodalnella stylish aagi maadskottidrru.. :mdr3:
    aata irodu Bat nalli :mrgreen:

4. Akash

Akash

5. BENKI CHENDU

You mean to Say, Sachin has remaked Shivanna's hairstyle :mrgreen: :langue:

6. Chanda Marutha

Chanda Marutha Administrator Staff Member

Former Australian wicketkeeper and explosive opener Adam Gilchrist feels there is a big gulf between Sachin Tendulkar and the rest of the top batsmen, something that makes it almost impossible for anyone to get anywhere near the legend's landmark of 100 international centuries.

Giving example of Ricky Ponting, who has recently retired from the ODI format, Gilchrist said 29 centuries separate Tendulkar from his former skipper.

"That speaks about Tendulkar's greatness -- the gap between him and the rest. He is way ahead. I really doubt that anybody would ever break this record," Gilchirst said.

"If you look at the records, Ponting is the world's best batsmen next to Tendulkar. But his combined tally (of Test and one-day centuries) is 71 (41-30)," he said.

Tendulkar's critics could argue that he has played more matches against countries like Zimbabwe and Bangladesh, he said adding but even 10 centuries were added to Ponting's, he would still be 19 centuries away.

"Tendulkar's record is truly unique, remarkable. He is playing with the same intensity for last 22 years... That shows how big a player Tendulkar is," he said.

Gilchrist, who was part of an invincible side that dominated world cricket winning a hat-trick of World Cups from 1999-2007, said Indians need to be patient in the coming days.

"Rahul Dravid has just retired... Now only VVS Laxman and Tendulkar are playing. It would be a huge boots to fill when Tendulkar goes away. We faced a similar phase. But the fans need to patient," he said.

Gilchrist feels that India have cricketing talent in abundance but the supporters need to be patient.

"Undoubtedly, there is no dearth of talent in India. In fact, it's just the opposite. The fans just need to be patient with the youngsters like Virat Kohli," he said.

With his recent exploits, Kohli proved that he was ready to step up and, the Australian said," To me, he is one of the best players in the world cricket at the moment."

Asked if Kohli could fill in the No. 3 slot left void by Dravid, Gilchrist said: "He is an upcoming player. I don't know his preference. And, I also don't want to form an opinion about him. He has showed that he is very confident against the new ball. He is surely a great player in the making."

The Kings XI coach-cum-captain in the upcoming IPL, Gilchrist disagreed that too much cricket and Twenty20 was the reason for India's routs in the recent overseas series in England and Australia.

India were ill-prepared for the Australia tour against a very professional attack that put pressure on the batsmen, he said.

"Twenty20 is a very exciting concept that requires skill at a high level. It needs a lot of thought and you have to maintain the intensity and pace coupled with the pressure. I'm sure the Test cricket is ultimate," he said.

"The challenge here is for the administrators not to overdo.... If it's well administered, there is room for all the three formats," he said, giving example of the poor scheduling of the one-off T20 against South Africa in Johannesburg on Friday.

© PTI

7. abhi

abhi

Well said Gilli :amen: :amen:

8. abhi

abhi

Quote from time magazine :

:merci: :merci: :amen: :amen:

9. BENKI CHENDU

This thread will be later merged with IPL thread..

Source - http://www.rediff.com/cricket/slide-sho ... 120404.htm

Both names carry considerable repute in Indian cricket. Both have had a forgettable year, so to speak.

And both play for the same franchise when it comes to the Indian Premier League.

Thus, when Sachin Tendulkar handed over the captaincy of Mumbai Indians to Harbhajan Singh, it didn't quite come in as a surprise.

The Master Blaster, despite a good personal record in the T20 event, had failed to inspire the outfit. In the four seasons preceding this, a second place finish in the third season was the best the Mumbai team had achieved.

Despite having a host of big names in their ranks it was inconsistent, to say the least. Tendulkar's captaincy has been comme ci comme ca.

In fact, those who captained the side in his absence -- Shaun Pollock, Harbhajan -- had better fortunes than the Master.
    Tendulkar was under tremendous pressure from all quarters in the last year because of his 'century of centuries' and the pressure did affect his performance to a considerable extent during the period.

Though the legendary batsman eventually achieved the milestone - against Bangladesh in the recent Asia Cup - it was clear that the pressure had taken its toll and Tendulkar wasn't ready to take on another responsibility so soon, especially at a time when he is basking in the glory of that personal milestone.
    Harbhajan's fortunes, on the other hand, was in sharp contrast. As a player he had a disastrous year, with not one performance worthy of mention. So poor was the off-spinner's form that he even failed to impress in any of the many domestic events he played in.

The only saving grace for him in the period, though, was as Mumbai Indians captain. In Tendulkar's absence, he led Mumbai Indians to the Champions League T20 crown last September, the franchise's first title of any kind.

Tendulkar relinquishing his position to Harbhajan could have a two-fold effect: on the one hand it would definitely help Tendulkar, sans any responsibility (read pressure) focus solely on his batting, and, secondly, additional responsibility might just help Harbhajan get back into rhythm.

Having won the Champions League last year, Mumbai Indians' owners, and fans, will be hoping for nothing less than a maiden IPL title for the franchise. Amid such expectation, a change in guard could well do the trick.

Can Harbhajan achieve what Tendulkar failed to as a captain?

10. abhi

abhi

Wow,so many threads on Sachin these days,though they will be merged later itseems! :amen: Really great! :merci:

Sachin has played his part perfectly in the last two IPL seasons and taking them to final and semifinal and also being the top scorer of the tournament! :super: In important matches,everyone has failed in MI,no one supported totally like in other matches! Dhoni is facing the same heat in the international circuit now,team support ilde yawonu great captain agakke agalla,same happened for Sachin earlier with Jadegala hindhe jadeja,fixruddhin,Nayyan Mongia and narpetla bowlers in the team and only he had to play both as a captain and a batsman.So if Bajji achieves something,then he definitely needs Sachin backup!

Whoever has written the article definitely has not checked the stats i suppose..Tendulkar completely captained 3rd and 4th season and everyone knows the results! Apart from being the top scorer,they reached SF and finals and also champions league! He did not play much in 2nd season and few in 1st and in that time Pollock or Bajji captained and the article says the results were better,ROFL !

Sachin's stats in IPL till now :
    SACHIN TEDULKAR's Record in IPL(2008-2011)

Matches - 51
    Innings - 51
    Runs -1723
    Strike Rate - 120.15
    Average - 40.06
    HS - 100*
    100s - 1
    50s - 10,
    4s - 218,
    6s - 20

Second highest run scorer in IPL,behind Raina i think,this year he will surpass him,hopefully! :amen:

11. aone

aone Moderator

Well done Bajji , good captaincy .. :super: :super:

12. BENKI CHENDU

Why is everyone thanking Sachin?

Don’t be surprised if one of these days Sonia Gandhi thanks Sachin Tendulkar in one of her speeches. We can’t expect Manmohan Singh to do that because he only thanks Sonia-ji but Tendulkar is fair game for everyone else.

In the match against Chennai Super Kings, Tendulkar retired hurt after scoring just 16 off 15 balls but Man-of-the-Match Richard Levi, who made 50 off 35 balls, showed that he is quickly learning the ropes by heaping a lot of praise on Sachin in the post-match conference.
    Sachin Tendulkar

Success has many fathers, it is said, but when it comes to Indian sport – all lines only seem lead to the master batsman. AFP

“It was fantastic batting with him. He was such a calming figure out there and so easy to talk to,” said Levi.

That’s when we knew that Levi was truly at home or perhaps he had just learned something from Mumbai Indians skipper Harbhajan Singh, who very proudly announced that this IPL, MI want to win it for Sachin.

A few days back, on the occasion of the one-year anniversary of India’s World Cup triumph, Yuvraj Singh said that Sachin’s words made all the difference.

“You will matter when it matters the most,” are the words which served as an inspiration for the dashing all-rounder during India’s World Cup triumph last year.

When Gary Kirsten resigned as India coach due to family commitments last year, he too was quick to thank the master. “Thank you for your friendship,” he said.

The ‘Thank you’ notes are starting to pile up. Umesh Yadav and almost every other Indian cricketer must’ve thanked Sachin at some stage of their career.

Even Saina Nehwal thanked the veteran, who is clearly the brightest star in India’s sporting firmament, after she won the recent Swiss Open.

“In fact, when he scored that 100, it was the semifinals day. I got a lot of inspiration from him. I told myself I also have to do well. I can also win the title…that also happened. I really thank him for giving me that inspiration on that day,” Saina said.

Success has many fathers, it is said, but when it comes to Indian sport – all lines only seem lead to Tendulkar. Now Sachin is a genuinely nice guy but all these professionals have worked really hard to get where they are and surely they deserve some of the credit too. Or is it that they simply use his name to get more eye-balls.

Sachin’s great. Period. But that doesn’t mean someone has to butter his ego in every press conference. He surely can’t be that insecure. It also might simply be the case of everyone trying to keep the boss happy.

Either way, it’s starting to grate on our nerves now. How about finding something else to thank next time round, guys? And if Sachin can tell them that, then perhaps the next time we’ll say, ‘Thank You, Sachin.’

13. Prashius

Prashius

:amen: :amen:

14. Prashius

Prashius

yup instead they can just send a message or mail him :mrgreen:

15. BENKI CHENDU

Not sure why people are behind this appeasing routine..
    Article has said it very well.
    Sachin is great..Period

16. Vijay24

Vijay24 New Member

Seeing this from you even Rain Gods are crying! Ananda Baashpa... Bangalore_alli maLe

17. abhi

abhi

I am happy if some sportsperson says he is my inspiration and praise him! :super: but not when some stupid politicians or others say the same! Kohli words were so true :amen: same with Yuvraj and Saina! I remember Vishwanath Anand too praising,who does not speak often or praise anyone.That shows the greatness of the man. :)

18. BENKI CHENDU

:mrgreen:
    Interms of the talent, the batting technique, shot making abilities, there is no match for him and if I contradict, I will be the biggest fool..
    My comments and perception about him are on different lines all together..May be we shouldn't talk about it again..It will lead to unnecessary prolonged debates and discussions :nonon: