Dr. Rajkumar - Annavru, Karnataka Ratna, Kentucky Colonel, Padma Bhushan, Nata Saarvabhouma

Jeevaa

aDDa Junior
Facts about RAJ
During Annavru's Kidnap, Section-144 was put under action for continuous 90Days - 1st time in the history of Bangalore."
On the release day of 'Taayige Takka Maga' due to huge crowd 3 people died coz of the stampede @ Sanjay Theater."
There are 8 Recognized statues of Mahatma Gandhi in Karnataka, Where as there are 58 recognized statues of Dr.Raj in karnataka"
1st November, 1988 during S.R.Bommayi's rule, more than 2000 people in Bengalooru donated Blood in the name of Dr.Raj. "
"'Drinking Spoils life', inspired by this message of Jeevana Chaitra, All the wine shops were closed in a village near Belgavi"
"During the year 1980, there were around 4700 registered Dr.Raj Fan Club all over Karnataka. Sa.Ra.Govindu was the President"
When Raj Stopped acting in Movies due to Ankle pain in the year 1995, Many fans did Fasting until he agreed to act again."
The song 'Shivappa kaayo thande..' from Bedarakannappa, The whole song was ok'ed in single takes by Dr.Raj in all the shots. This is the big record till date"
"On 28th September 1991, a fake news was spread that Dr.Raj's health was in bad condition, this caused people to a self called bandh all over Karnataka"
Annavru omme Tennis Krishnavra hasya drushya noduthiddaru, eshtu santoshagondarendare takkashana T.Krishnavrige phone madi 'neevu dodda kalavidaru kanri, nimmatara namage madoke agalla, nimmanna nodbeku annistide, ellidiri ? endiddaranthe "
70 ft. Cut out was erected for Halu-Jeenu @ Santosh theater. Ksheerabhisheka was performed to this huge Cut-out & this was a 1st time to any actor. "
Bangaradha Manushya - holds the record of running for 104 Weeks in the 1st release & 100 days in the next releases. This record is unshaken till date.""
Every Year on November 1st, Dr.Raj Fans will organize Free eye checkup camp for poor @ Modi Hospital "
To Avoid the huge rush, Many of the times Dr.Raj's Films used to get released with out announcing the release date."
DR.RAJKUMAR HAD LEFT EATING NON-VEG FOR MANY MONTHS DURING THE SHOOTING OF MANTRALAYA MAHATME.........THIS SHOWS HIS DEDICATION
It was Dr.Raj's idea to shoot for Naadamaya song in Himaalayas. Dr.Raj told Dore-Bhagavan that they should include something in the story such that Dr.Raj loses his memory and goes to Himaalayas somehow.
Dore and Varadappa could not make it as they could not go high altitudes.
When the whole movie crew were wearing thick wollen clothes, Rajanna resisted wearing all that. He was in his usual attire of Panche and jubba for the whole of 14 days . He also shoot for the song without wearing slippers as it was devotional song.
When the concept of Jedara bale was explained to Dr.Raj, he was little reluctant..He said, he has the trust on dore-bhagavan but doesn't have trust on himself if he can act in those roles. When Dore-bhagavan motivated Raj, he finally accepted. And he watched the then released bond movie for more than 10 times to understand the mannerisms and techniques in a BOND role
Dr.Raj used to say that "Mantralaya mahatme" is the only movie which gave him 100% satisfaction
Amitabh Bachan wanted Dr.Raj to act in his movie "Coolie". The scene that Amitabh wanted was that Dr.raj would get down the train and Amitabh to pick his Luggage. But Annavru resisted doing this saying that he doesnt want to act in any other language apart from kannada

"In the passing away of Dr Raj Kumar we have lost a versatile film actor. His talent was recognised by the Dada Saheb Phalke Award. He will always be remembered for his everlasting contributions to the film industry."
-A P J Abdul Kalam, President of India

Dr.Manmohan Singh said " Dr. Raj Kumar will always be remembered not only as a cinematic icon who captivated generations of viewers, but alos for his signal contributions to public affairs. The conferment of the Dada Saheb Phalke Award testified to his histrionic talents and his life long contribution to the cause of cinema. His services to society and the nation led him naturally to the sphere of public life, where he fought for the welfare of the people. His commitment led to people reposing their trust in him, and this in turn led him to dedicate himself to address their concerns. His unfortunate demise leaves a void that will be difficult to fill."

- Dr. Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India

I grew up watching his films. He was like a father to me. He was an institution himself and has done many things for the state of Karnataka and the film industry. He has left us when we required him to guide us. We will strive to complete all his aspirations and desires.

- H D Kumara Swamy, Chief Minister, Karnataka

No words are adequate to describe the loss of Rajkumar from this world. He was the rarest of rare phenomena to have happened to the Kannada film industry and the Indian film world at large.

He came across as a warm hearted person to anybody who met him. It was this warmth that endeared him to millions of people in Karnataka and elsewhere and made him their beloved `Annavuru' (elder brother) and made humility that endeared him to millions of people in Karnataka and outside as his fans..

- S M Krishna, Governor, Maharashtra

Rajkumar had contributed immensely to Kannada development and culture in the state. He was also deeply involved in spiritualism.

It is difficult to imagine Kannada without Rajkumar and vice versa

- Sri Sri Ravishankar, Founder, Art of living foundation.

Dr. Rajkumar had touched the hearts of Kannadigas in a way that we writers can never hope to do. The best tribute we can pay is to make every Kannadiga a literate.

-U.R. Ananthamurthy, Jnanpith award winner

When I was a greenhorn, he used to beckon me with his eyes, and we would converse with our eyes, and I learnt the power of the eye in communication from this university called Dr. Rajkumar

- Vishnuvardhan, Actor

He was a good human being and remained an icon of lakhs of people in the state. He is not only an asset to Karnataka, but to the entire country. I had a special relationship with him and he always spoke to me like a true friend. I have certainly lost a great friend, philosopher and guide.

- Ambareesh, Actor & Member of Parliament

He was a great actor and remained a true Kannadiga to his last. He is one of the greatest actors in the Indian film industry.

- Padmashri B Saroja Devi, actress

It is a very sad event. I pray that his soul rests in peace.

- Pejawar Mutt pontiff Sri Vishveshathirtha Swami

I am shell-shocked. Dr. Raj Kumar is my idol and he was a model for all actors in the Indian film industry. He would always bless and encourage me.

- Arjun, actor

I have lost my father. I cannot say anything more. He had a great influence on my career and my life.

- Malashri, actress and film producer

With the death of Rajkumar, I have lost my father in Karnataka. I pray that the Lord gives my mother Parvathamma the strength to overcome the grief.

- Prabhu, Tamil film actor

During our days in the forest, Appaji used to tell me he was destined to live for more than 100 years. It is a shock that he died so soon

- Nagappa, who was with Rajkumar when abducted by Veerappan

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Jeevaa

aDDa Junior
RAJKUMAR
Dr. Rajkumar's achievements in his life time !!!

Dear friends

Here is a list of achievements by our Annavaru which I have collected from a book...that gives a glimps of how this man dominated KFI box office.

Dr.Rajkumar - Major Milestones in his Film Career

Dr. Raj gave the impressive performance in his first movie 'Bedara Kannappa' and which on to win the National Award in 1954 which was commenced in that year by Govt of India and also 'Bedara Kannappa' was among the very few movies which ran for 100 days in those times.

Dr. Raj's second movie 'Bhakta Vijaya' also obtained National Award. This is a major achievement in the Kannada Film History.

'Bangarada Manushya' which was released on 31-3-1972 in Bangalore ran continuously for 104 weeks (778 days) ran for more than 2 years and in 15 centres, it ran for 100 days and also it ran for 25, 50, 60 weeks respectively in various places and created a never before screening record in Indian film Industry.

The movie 'Shankar Guru' celebrated for 100 days in 4 theatres in Bangalore then went on to run for 64 weeks ,also the movie ran for 100 days in 15 centres also notably in Hubli for 42 weeks and in Mysore for 40 weeks and in Davanagere 25 weeks.

The same movie 'Bangarada Manushya' ran for 60 weeks in Mysore and 25 weeks in Mangalore and has set a record which is not been broken even to-this date.

Among the movies which were dubbed from kannada to other languages 'Bedara Kannappa', 'Mahishasura Mardhini', 'Bhoo Kailasa', 'Govadalli CID 999', 'Bhabruvahana' etc. have ran for more than 100 days even in other languages.

In 1963 and 1968 highest number of movies in which Dr. Raj acted were released. In 1963 there were 15 movies and in 1968 18 movies were released.....

Dr. Raj happens to be very first star singer in Kannada Film History

Dr. Raj is among the first recipients of the prestigious doctorate awarded by Mysore University and also the very first actor in whole of India to acquire a doctorate.

Dr. Raj's 46th movie 'Santa Thukaram' was awarded the National Award and also it obtained the Best Regional Film Award and this happens to be the first movie for which Dr. Raj went and collected the award personally from Delhi.

Dr. Raj is the first person in Kannada Film History to enact a role which resembled James Bond and the first such movie was 'Jedara Bale'

The first cinemascope movie made by Dr.Raj was 'Huliya Halina Mevu'. This movie also happened to be his 172nd movie while his 116th movie 'Operation Diamond Rocket' and 'Govadalli CID 999' were shot for the first time in Nepal and also Dr. Raj's first colour film was Sri Krishna Devaraya.

Dr. Raj has received the 'Best Actor Award' 9 times in the State and those movies are 'Bangarada Hoovu', 'Kula Gaurava', 'Bhaktha Kumbara', 'Babruvahana', 'Hosa Belaku', 'Halu Jenu', 'Devatha Manushya', 'Jeevana Chaitra', and 'Odahuttidavaru'. and this is record in Kannada Film History.

Dr. Raj's 100th Movie was "Bhagyada baagilu"..at the time of its celebrated 100 days ....its release they also compiled movie called 'Natasarvabouma' which comprises of various clippings from his previous movies and this was first ever attempt in this regard whole of India for any movie actor whose life was portrait like this.

The first song sung by Dr. Raj for his movie was 'Aarada Nandadeepa' this song was employed in the movie 'Sangama'.

The first time Dr. Raj acted in double role was in the 'Sati Sakthi' and also three double role in 'Kula Gowrava' which went on to win the Best Actor Award of the State.

Pandaribai was the first heroine of Dr. Raj in movie 'Bedara Kannappa' and Dr. Rajs' has acted with more than 40 heroines in his career.

Dr. Raj set a new trend by producing a movie with his friends Narasimharaju, Balakrishna and G.V. Iyer and also played the lead role in the movie 'Ranadheera Kanteerava' and set a new precedent.

The first movie in Kannada to based on a novel was 'Karuneye Kutumbada Kannu'. The hero was Dr. Raj.

Dr. Raj has sung numerous devotional songs, folk songs and light songs. He has recited songs of very popular kannada composers like Kanakadasa, Purandaradasa and list of devotional songs covers Jesus Christ, Hanumantha, Sabarimale Ayappa, Raghavendra, Kollour Mookambika, Sharade, Tirupathi Venkataramana, Mylaralinga, Mahadeva, Dharmasthala Manjunatha like among the other gods.

So far none of the Dr. Raj movies have obtained 'A' certificate or ever experienced a trouble from the Censor Board.

The first ever Indian artiste run 'Rasa Sanje' or Orchestra programme hold in USA is Dr. Raj.

In whole of South India Dr. Raj's is film cassettes of playback songs have set various records and for this he has won the Sangeetha Audios prize of 1.50 lakhs cash and also Golden Discs various times.

Dr. Raj is only film actor to be awarded prestigious "Kentucky Colonel Award" by USA.

Dr. Raj has helped various organizations in Delhi, Bombay and all across the State of the Karnataka by conducting 'Musical Nights'.

Dr. Raj is the only kannada actor to be the recipient of highest ever award given by the Indian Government i.e. 'Padmabhusana'.

One unusual thing about Dr. Raj's movies is that even his old movies when released run for 50 days, 100 days with houseful collections.

No other actor in the country has more than 5000 fans organization which Dr. Raj has.

The first Kannada movies to be displayed in London was 'Naandi' which brought Dr. raj very good reviews.

Dr. Raj with his profound acting and varied roles has won the Film Fare Awards for the Best Acting and also the State Award for the Best Actor for the highest no. of times.

Dr. Raj has acted in highest number of movies based on various novels.

Some of the Dr. Raj movies were released more than 50 prints to state for eg: 'Mayura', 'Huliya Halina Mevu', 'Chalisuva Modagallu', 'Kavirathan Kalidasa', 'Shankar Guru', 'Bhaktha Prahalad', Haalu Jenu and etc.

The song 'Huttidare Kannadanadall huttabeku…' in 'Akasmika' was repeated in the movie halls two to three timesduring every screening in the initial weeks due to fans requests. An unprecedented occurrence!

The photo of Dr. Rajkumar reproduced on the cover page of High Society has a record 40 lakh prints taken earlier.

When a new movie of Dr. Raj would release, his fans would organize massive Blood Donation Camps and the donors would be honored with a ticket for the movie, till date thousands of lives have been saved, thanks to this gesture.

This is really Awesome achievement...by our Immortal Annavaru.. :) :-|

Facts

Dr. Rajkumar's achievements in his life time !!!

Dear friends

Here is a list of achievements by our Annavaru which I have collected from a book...that gives a glimps of how this man dominated KFI box office.

Dr.Rajkumar - Major Milestones in his Film Career

Dr. Raj gave the impressive performance in his first movie 'Bedara Kannappa' and which on to win the National Award in 1954 which was commenced in that year by Govt of India and also 'Bedara Kannappa' was among the very few movies which ran for 100 days in those times.

Dr. Raj's second movie 'Bhakta Vijaya' also obtained National Award. This is a major achievement in the Kannada Film History.

'Bangarada Manushya' which was released on 31-3-1972 in Bangalore ran continuously for 104 weeks (778 days) ran for more than 2 years and in 15 centres, it ran for 100 days and also it ran for 25, 50, 60 weeks respectively in various places and created a never before screening record in Indian film Industry.

The movie 'Shankar Guru' celebrated for 100 days in 4 theatres in Bangalore then went on to run for 64 weeks ,also the movie ran for 100 days in 15 centres also notably in Hubli for 42 weeks and in Mysore for 40 weeks and in Davanagere 25 weeks.

The same movie 'Bangarada Manushya' ran for 60 weeks in Mysore and 25 weeks in Mangalore and has set a record which is not been broken even to-this date.

Among the movies which were dubbed from kannada to other languages 'Bedara Kannappa', 'Mahishasura Mardhini', 'Bhoo Kailasa', 'Govadalli CID 999', 'Bhabruvahana' etc. have ran for more than 100 days even in other languages.

In 1963 and 1968 highest number of movies in which Dr. Raj acted were released. In 1963 there were 15 movies and in 1968 18 movies were released.....

Dr. Raj happens to be very first star singer in Kannada Film History

Dr. Raj is among the first recipients of the prestigious doctorate awarded by Mysore University and also the very first actor in whole of India to acquire a doctorate.

Dr. Raj's 46th movie 'Santa Thukaram' was awarded the National Award and also it obtained the Best Regional Film Award and this happens to be the first movie for which Dr. Raj went and collected the award personally from Delhi.

Dr. Raj is the first person in Kannada Film History to enact a role which resembled James Bond and the first such movie was 'Jedara Bale'

The first cinemascope movie made by Dr.Raj was 'Huliya Halina Mevu'. This movie also happened to be his 172nd movie while his 116th movie 'Operation Diamond Rocket' and 'Govadalli CID 999' were shot for the first time in Nepal and also Dr. Raj's first colour film was Sri Krishna Devaraya.

Dr. Raj has received the 'Best Actor Award' 9 times in the State and those movies are 'Bangarada Hoovu', 'Kula Gaurava', 'Bhaktha Kumbara', 'Babruvahana', 'Hosa Belaku', 'Halu Jenu', 'Devatha Manushya', 'Jeevana Chaitra', and 'Odahuttidavaru'. and this is record in Kannada Film History.

Jeevaa

aDDa Junior
Continuing,

Dr. Raj's 100th Movie was "Bhagyada baagilu"..at the time of its celebrated 100 days ....its release they also compiled movie called 'Natasarvabouma' which comprises of various clippings from his previous movies and this was first ever attempt in this regard whole of India for any movie actor whose life was portrait like this.

The first song sung by Dr. Raj for his movie was 'Aarada Nandadeepa' this song was employed in the movie 'Sangama'.

The first time Dr. Raj acted in double role was in the 'Sati Sakthi' and also three double role in 'Kula Gowrava' which went on to win the Best Actor Award of the State.

Pandaribai was the first heroine of Dr. Raj in movie 'Bedara Kannappa' and Dr. Rajs' has acted with more than 40 heroines in his career.

Dr. Raj set a new trend by producing a movie with his friends Narasimharaju, Balakrishna and G.V. Iyer and also played the lead role in the movie 'Ranadheera Kanteerava' and set a new precedent.

The first movie in Kannada to based on a novel was 'Karuneye Kutumbada Kannu'. The hero was Dr. Raj.

Dr. Raj has sung numerous devotional songs, folk songs and light songs. He has recited songs of very popular kannada composers like Kanakadasa, Purandaradasa and list of devotional songs covers Jesus Christ, Hanumantha, Sabarimale Ayappa, Raghavendra, Kollour Mookambika, Sharade, Tirupathi Venkataramana, Mylaralinga, Mahadeva, Dharmasthala Manjunatha like among the other gods.

So far none of the Dr. Raj movies have obtained 'A' certificate or ever experienced a trouble from the Censor Board.

The first ever Indian artiste run 'Rasa Sanje' or Orchestra programme hold in USA is Dr. Raj.

In whole of South India Dr. Raj's is film cassettes of playback songs have set various records and for this he has won the Sangeetha Audios prize of 1.50 lakhs cash and also Golden Discs various times.

Dr. Raj is only film actor to be awarded prestigious "Kentucky Colonel Award" by USA.

Dr. Raj has helped various organizations in Delhi, Bombay and all across the State of the Karnataka by conducting 'Musical Nights'.

Dr. Raj is the only kannada actor to be the recipient of highest ever award given by the Indian Government i.e. 'Padmabhusana'.

One unusual thing about Dr. Raj's movies is that even his old movies when released run for 50 days, 100 days with houseful collections.

No other actor in the country has more than 5000 fans organization which Dr. Raj has.

The first Kannada movies to be displayed in London was 'Naandi' which brought Dr. raj very good reviews.

Dr. Raj with his profound acting and varied roles has won the Film Fare Awards for the Best Acting and also the State Award for the Best Actor for the highest no. of times.

Dr. Raj has acted in highest number of movies based on various novels.

Some of the Dr. Raj movies were released more than 50 prints to state for eg: 'Mayura', 'Huliya Halina Mevu', 'Chalisuva Modagallu', 'Kavirathan Kalidasa', 'Shankar Guru', 'Bhaktha Prahalad', Haalu Jenu and etc.

The song 'Huttidare Kannadanadall huttabeku…' in 'Akasmika' was repeated in the movie halls two to three timesduring every screening in the initial weeks due to fans requests. An unprecedented occurrence!

The photo of Dr. Rajkumar reproduced on the cover page of High Society has a record 40 lakh prints taken earlier.

When a new movie of Dr. Raj would release, his fans would organize massive Blood Donation Camps and the donors would be honored with a ticket for the movie, till date thousands of lives have been saved, thanks to this gesture.

This is really Awesome achievement...by our Immortal Annavaru.. :) :-|

Janardhana Rao

Janardhana Rao Salanke
“ ಕೆತ್ತಲಾಗದು ಕಗ್ಗಲ್ಲೆಂದು ಎದೆಗುಂದಿದ್ದರೆ ಶಿಲ್ಪಿ
ಆಗುತಿತ್ತೆ ಕಲೆಗಳ ಬೀಡು, ಗೊಮ್ಮಟೇಶನ ನೆಲೆನಾಡು
ಬೇಲೂರು ಹಳೆಬೀಡು, ಬೇಲೂರು ಹಳೆಬೀಡು

ಆಗದು ಎಂದುದು ಕೈಲಾಗದು ಎಂದು ಕೈ ಕಟ್ಟಿ ಕುಳಿತರೆ
ಸಾಗದು ಕೆಲಸವು ಮುಂದೆ ಸಾಗದು ಕೆಲಸವು ಮುಂದೆ…”

ಅಣ್ಣಾವ್ರಿಗೆ ಪ್ರೀತಿ ಪೂರ್ವಕ ಹುಟ್ಟುಹಬ್ಬದ ಶುಭಾಷಯಗಳು - #ಜನಾರ್ಧನರಾವ್_ಸಾಳಂಕೆ
Happy1.jpg