England thrash India 2-1 to take series!

madesha

Administrator
KG18 said:
See the way South Africa fought and saved the 2nd test
they were just too good......at 40/4 and chasing 430 and having to bat out 100 odd overs was such a otugh task and they did it
Devillers played out 39 in 220 balls and Du Plessis who just was a replacement to duminy proved in his test debut..goodness me..what an innings he played..78 in 1st innings and 110 in 2nd innings..he was picture perfect
Yes last night when Kallis got out I though that was it. Great fightback by SA team. Overall all the teams playing now are fighting back except India in the 2nd match.

madesha

Administrator
KG18 said:
High time Sachin said I QUIT.... His reflexes are too slow now and he s struggling...BCCI shud have a word with him

Apart 4m ojha...there r no good spinners..bhajji s so readable...ashwin s too much predictable...taking zaheer and making him bowl 10 to 12 overs s pathetic

Just see d spirit with which south africa saved d game against australia...a true test performance....
From article in TOI.

Much has been made of Sachin Tendulkar's disastrous form (153 runs in his last 10 innings at an average of 15.3) but even the other Indian batsmen have been worryingly inconsistent - the odd big knock being offset by repeated failures.

Having conceded a lead of 86 runs, the batsmen needed to give the bowlers a fighting target to defend. Instead, Sehwag, Tendulkar, Yuvraj, Kohli and Dhoni all failed to even reach double figures.

The Indian bowling didn't fare any better. The spin trio of R Ashwin, Pragyan Ojha and Harbhajan Singh looked clueless as Kevin Pietersen and Alastair Cook took the match away from India with a 206-run stand.
Sachin is not the only one to blame..he is a champion batsman going through a lean patch. He can be rested not dropped...When is the last time Dhoni played a great or even decent test innings? Gambhir also had bad form but played well at least in the second innings. Kohli can be forgiven. No matter what Dhoni supporters say he has egg on his face now. I hope India can bounce back in spite of its captain.

aone

RaShi said:
Yes, Sachin should quit...This was the right tournament for Sachin to announce his retirement in advance. I want him to announce his retirement before a match or tournament. Just want to see crowds response when he walks in and out :amen:
:amen: :amen:

BTW what has Dhoni contributed to the test team? All talk and no words..He retains his place using influence of Srinivasan.
Looks like he has a bunch of clown fans to support him too
seems like lots of goons want dhoni out of captaincy so a dumb inexpereince moron can captain team india,madesa excluding dhoni none can captain team india rite now

Chanda Marutha

Administrator
Staff member
Mutha said:
Indian team for final two tests will be picked today .. Sachin should be rested ..
No major changes in the squad for the third Test
Squad: MS Dhoni (Capt.), Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Cheteshwar Pujara, R Ashwin, Ashok Dinda, Pragyan Ojha, Ajinkya Rahane, Harbhajan Singh, Ishant Sharma, M Vijay, Zaheer Khan.

aone

Jogigenx said:
BTW what has Dhoni contributed to the test team? All talk and no words..He retains his place using influence of Srinivasan.
seems like lots of goons want dhoni out of captaincy so a dumb inexpereince moron can captain team india,madesa excluding dhoni none can captain team india rite now
Spot ON :super:

madesha

Administrator
Jogigenx said:
I will agree only for ODIs. For tests you need to be kidding. His stupid politics made Dravid and Laxman retire early + nobody plays just because they are the captain. What about performance?

Sure dhoni may hit a hundred in the next match. But what about England and Australia? Was a price paid for that?

Does your manager give you so many chances, you mess up twice and you will be booted out of the job.

madesha

Administrator
AbhinayaChakravarthy said:
Sachin will bounce back.. he is working hard....
+1..Its a matter of time..I wish he scores century in next match.

Luckily he did not score a 100 this time..else the usual dogs would have said that we lose when he scores 100.

madesha

Administrator
Saw the match highlights. The ball that got Tendulkar bowled by Monty was an absolute beauty. I doubt any batsman would escape that. Bad luck to Tendulkar.

Pietersen and Cook played amazingly. They taught the Indian batsmen how to play spin ::D
Overall Panesar and Pietersen took the game away from India. I wish we had some determined players like that.

Anyways India have a great chance in the next match. If our batsmen find form then we can post a big total.
For England, only Cook, Pietersen and Prior can be reliable. So if they can be dismissed early we have a chance.

The funniest thing was seeing our joker captain do a misfield on the winning runs. It was a fitting end to his misery. :mdr1:

Madesa ninge dhoni kandre agalla so u are cming up with something ,dravid retired coz of sachin ,it was time for 1 senior player to retire (sachin) he did not so dravid did ,laxman donno y,yes my manager would give me so many chances coz i will be the sachin tendulkar of that company

madesha

Administrator
First of all its my opinion. Secondly u have no answer to Dhoni's pathetic performance as a player in tests in the last few years. As ODI player and captain he is excelling but high time India picks a different captain for tests. I hope Dhoni himself will do it and prove blind fans like you wrong.

dravid retired coz of sachin ,it was time for 1 senior player to retire (sachin) he did not so dravid did ,laxman donno y
What a joke. :mdr1:

For goons who bark about dhoni ,achievement no 1 dhoni took the captaincy from anil kumble in 2008 and took india to no1 in test rankings for the 1st time,achievement no2 most succesfull captain by winning 14 test matches at home eclipsing mohamad azarudin 13 wins,dogs bark nevermind

madesha

Administrator
Achievement 3: Lose test series 4-0 to England
Achievement 4: Lose test series 4-0 to Australia
Achievement 5: Lose Test humiliatingly in home conditions in England.

Having a great team at your disposal will make a you a great captain but if you are not contributing then its no use. Thats why the educated fans say "Dhoni is the captain of the greatest Indian team while Gangully was the greatest captain ever". Too bad Dhoni's groupies and clown fans wont get this in their lifetimes.

Even Darren Sammy hit a century against England last year.

Even experts agree Dhoni is unfit for tests....A must see for clowns.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoOhPQqiZcw&noredirect=1[/youtube]