General Discussion

Gentleman

aDDa Junior
Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa - One of the finest love story ever made in Tamil Cinema

Trisha steals the show as 'Jessie' in the movie. She is such a tremendous artist when it comes to emotion when she can make an actor dull Infront of her performance just what she did VTV

There are few film's, irrespective of how the movie there will be some portion which make can connect the characters that are playing and VTV is one for me. That made me this so special as I watch this what I call an 2:35:00 of 'experience'

AR Rahman is another gem who gave the soul to the film by his magical BGM and songs. True legend he is

Gautham Menon is one of the matured and brilliant filmmaker in TFI. This is would be his best piece of work after Vaaranam Aayiram!

Highly Recommendable. Watch if you haven't.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Ye maya chesave is lub:love
I prefer telugu over this,
Chay-Sam

Sent from my vivo 1611 using Tapatalk

Appu_Kannadiga

aDDa Junior
Watched Reva gujrati movie, liked it.
Story & screenplay is good, mata shade is there. Should watch it for the picturization of Narmada river, it is one of the character in movie. I haven't seen any movie which made on river. I appreciate the makers for this effort.
Parikrama is the another new thing told in movie, liked the parikrama concept, lt looks beautiful as adventures but as a ritual
Hero character is bit irritating, his more usage of English over gujarati irritates a lot but still better than Mahesh Babu
Maa reva song is nice, stucks in mind.

Sent from my RMX1992 using Tapatalk

Watched Reva gujrati movie, liked it.
Story & screenplay is good, mata shade is there. Should watch it for the picturization of Narmada river, it is one of the character in movie. I haven't seen any movie which made on river. I appreciate the makers for this effort.
Parikrama is the another new thing told in movie, liked the parikrama concept, lt looks beautiful as adventures but as a ritual
Hero character is bit irritating, his more usage of English over gujarati irritates a lot but still better than Mahesh Babu
Maa reva song is nice, stucks in mind.

Sent from my RMX1992 using Tapatalk
Even I'd the same thoughts. The starting few mins was too irritating,especially his accent. Technically the movie is really good and I'd watched few other Gujarati movies compared to those this movie is extraordinary.

P. S. And yes even I kept humming Reva Song for days after watching this movie.

Movie Recommendation for the Day

1) Pather Panchali (Must Watch, Highly Recommended)

Language: Bengali
Genre: Drama
Runtime: 2hrs 6mins
Release Date: 26 August 1955
Director: Satyajit Ray

Pather Panchali (Song of the Little Road) is the first film in "Apu Trilogy," Pather Panchali depicts the childhood of the protagonist Apu (Subir Banerjee) and his elder sister Durga (Uma Dasgupta) and the harsh village life of their poor family.

Apu and his poor family live in a village where they try to make ends meet. Impoverished priest Harihar Ray, dreaming of a better life for himself and his family, leaves his rural Bengal village in search of work, while his daughter has fever.

TRAILER:

STREAM ON ErosNow:

STREAM ON JioCinema:

Bonus Recommendation
Appu Trilogy

2) Aparajito

Stream on ErosNow:

Stream on Jio Cinema:

3) Apur Sansar

Youtube (Non-official) with Eng Subs:

Quarantine And Chill

Katyar Kaljat Ghusali

Language: Marathi
Genre: Musical Drama
Runtime: 2hrs 42mins
Release Date: 12 November, 2015

Katyar Kaljat Ghusali (English: A dagger through the heart) is a 2015 Marathi film based on a play by the same name. Directed by Subodh Bhave, the film stars Sachin Pilgaonkar, Shankar Mahadevan, and Subodh Bhave in lead roles. The original play, written by Purushottam Darvhekar, premiered in 1967 in Mumbai, where Hindustani classical vocalist Vasantrao Deshpande played one of the protagonists.

The Maharaj of the state of Vishrampur arranges a singing competition and announces that the winner will be awarded the status of a royal singer. Pandit Bhanu is then challenged by Khanasaheb Aftab.

A clash of two musical families, where in the end, music is the winner. When greed takes the front seat, manipulations shift gears. A race starts, a race that kills whatever comes across the way, a race that ultimately ends on the losing side. When it happens to a music maestro, it is only the music that suffers.

Katyar Kaljat Ghusali depicts the story of the art of music suffering, which is uncannily narrated by a Dagger (Katyar).

TRAILER:

STREAM ON Zee5:

Quarantine And Chill

Aaranya Kaandam

Language: Tamil
Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller
Release Date: 10 June, 2011 | A
Subtitles: English

Aaranya Kaandam is a story about the drug trade and unfolds over a period of 24 hours. It begins from the single most decisive moment in the lives of the six protagonists and deals with the primordial instincts of man, with character traits that erase the boundaries separating man from beast.

Singaperumal still feels mighty though he has turned older. However, when he tries to beat his arch-enemy Gajendran with a perfect plan, a series of incidents lead to a dog-eat-dog situation.

TRAILER:

STREAM ON Disney+Hotstar:
(Stream for Free, no subscription needed)

Quarantine And Chill

Merku Thodarchi Malai

Runtime: 1hr 58mins
Release Date: 24 Aug, 2018

Rangasamy, a laborer living on the borders of Kerala and Tamil Nadu just like his fellow sons of soils toils, hard working at the spice plantations owned by landlords. Whilst Rangasamy is content with his life, he yearns to own a piece of land and earn a living by farming. After years of struggle, his dream finally comes true when Chaako, a local politician helps him buy the land, however, he soon faces tougher challenges as he has to deal with corrupt and wealthy politicians.

TRAILER:

STREAM ON NETFLIX:

Quarantine And Chill

*Movie Recommendation for the Day*

*KD Engira Karuppudurai*

Genre: Adventure, Drama
Runtime: 1hr 59mins
Release Date: 22 Nov, 2019 | UA

Karuppu Durai, an 80-year-old man, bedridden for the past three months in a coma, suddenly wakes up one fine day to overhear his family planning to kill him by performing an ancient euthanasia ritual. Hurt, heartbroken and afraid, Karuppu Durai runs away from the only home he has ever known. On an aimless path with nowhere to go, he accidentally meets a 10-year-old orphan Kutty. Kutty is everything Karuppu Durai isn`t; smart, spunky and full of life. The fiercely independent Kutty encourages KD to chalk out a bucket list and start living for himself. Thus begins an eventful road trip of this unlikely pair - an old man running away from his family and a young boy who never had one!

TRAILER:

STREAM ON NETFLIX:

*Quarantine And Chill*

*Movie Recommendation for the Day*

*Killa*

Language: Marathi
Runtime: 1hr 50min
Release Date: 11 February 2014 (Berlin International Film Festival)

An 11-year-old boy struggles to cope with the death of his father while trying to make new friends in an unfamiliar place, after his mother gets a job transfer.

The film is set in a village on the Konkan coast of Maharashtra, not far from Ratnagiri, with mentions of Pune as the city they just moved from, and Satara as the town they are moving to at the end of the film.

The fort shown in the film is Vijaydurga Fort in Sindhudurg district. The lighthouse is Jaigad Lighthouse, and general filming takes place in villages in this district. The racing track shown for cycling is near Ganpatipule and the other scenes are shot in Guhagar, Vijaydurga, Palshet, and Pune (as shown in list of locations in movie).

TRAILER:

STREAM ON NETFLIX:

*Quarantine And Chill*

Jeevaa

aDDa Junior

1) Pather Panchali (Must Watch, Highly Recommended)

Language: Bengali
Release Date: 26 August 1955
Director: Satyajit Ray

Pather Panchali (Song of the Little Road) is the first film in "Apu Trilogy," Pather Panchali depicts the childhood of the protagonist Apu (Subir Banerjee) and his elder sister Durga (Uma Dasgupta) and the harsh village life of their poor family.

Apu and his poor family live in a village where they try to make ends meet. Impoverished priest Harihar Ray, dreaming of a better life for himself and his family, leaves his rural Bengal village in search of work, while his daughter has fever.

TRAILER:

STREAM ON ErosNow:

STREAM ON JioCinema:

Bonus Recommendation
Appu Trilogy

2) Aparajito

Stream on ErosNow:

Stream on Jio Cinema:

3) Apur Sansar

Youtube (Non-official) with Eng Subs:

Quarantine And Chill
A True masterpiece

Even greatests like Nolan & Akira Kurosawa have appreciated this movie many times. Nolan mentioned that this piece of work by Ray is the best he had ever seen.

Satyajit Ray is G.O.A.T

Jeevaa

aDDa Junior
Some beautiful lines

ಮನೆಯಿಂದ ಹೊರಗೆ ಹೋಗೋವಾಗ ಅಲ್ಲೆಲ್ಲೋ ಬಾಲ್ಕನಿಯಿಂದ ಪಿಳಿಪಿಳಿ ಕಣ್ಣುಬಿಟ್ಟುಕೊಂಡು ನಮ್ಮನ್ನೇ ನೋಡುತ್ತಾ ಟಾಟಾ ಮಾಡುವ ಸಣ್ಣ ಮಗು , ಆರಾಮ ಸಾರ್ ? ಹೇಗಿದೀರ ಅಂತ ಕೇಳೋ ಮನೆಹತ್ತಿರದ ಅಂಗಡಿಯವ್ನು , ಅಣ್ಣಾ ಬೆಂಗಳೂರಿಗೆ ಬಂದಿದೀನಿ ನಿಮಗೆ ಸಿಗ್ಬೇಕಿತ್ತು ಅಂತ ಹೇಳೋ.... ಯಾವತ್ತೋ ಫೋನ್ ನಂಬರ್ ಪಡೆದುಕೊಂಡಿದ್ದ ಸಿನಿಕನಸೊತ್ತ ಹುಡುಗ , ರೈತರಿಂದ ಮಳಿಗೆಗೆ ಅಗ ತಾನೇ ಬಂದಿಳಿದ ತಾಜಾ ತರಕಾರಿ , ಅಜ್ಜಿಯೊಬ್ಬಳು ಮಾರಲು ಬುಟ್ಟಿಯಲ್ಲಿಟ್ಟುಕೊಂಡಿದ್ದ ಮಲ್ಲಿಗೆ ಹೂವು ಅದಕ್ಕಾನಿಕೊಂಡಂತಿರುವ ಸಂಪಿಗೆ ಅವೆರಡರ ಜಂಟಿ ಪರಿಮಳ , ಋತುಮಾನಕ್ಕೆ ಅತಿಥಿಯಂತೆ ಆಗಮಿಸುವ ತರಾವರಿ ಹಣ್ಣುಗಳು ಅದರ ಸ್ಟಾಲು , ಪರಿಚಯಸ್ತರೊಬ್ಬರು ತಿರುಪತಿಗೆ ಹೋಗಿ ಬಂದು ಕೊಟ್ಟಂತಹ ಲಾಡು, ಎಷ್ಟೊತ್ತಿಗ್ ಬರ್ಲಿ ? ಅರ್ಧಗಂಟೇಲಾ ಓಕೆ ....ಹೀಗ್ ನಾವು ಹೇಳಿದ್ ಟೈಂಗೆ ನಮ್ಮನ್ನ ಕರ್ಕೊಂಡ್ ಹೋಗೋ ನಮ್ ಫೇವರೆಟ್ ಬೈಕು , ಝೀರೋ ನೋಡಿ ಸಾರ್ ಅನ್ನೋ ಪೆಟ್ರೋಲ್ ಬಂಕಿನ ಹುಡುಗಿ , ನಮಗಿಷ್ಟವಾದ ಹೋಟೆಲ್ಲಿನ ದೋಸೆ ಫಲಾವು , ಸ್ವಾದಿಷ್ಟವಾದ ಬಿರಿಯಾನಿ , ಬಾ ನಿಂಗ್ ಒಂದು ಒಳ್ಳೇ ಕಡೆ ಕಾಫಿ ಕೊಡುಸ್ತೀನಿ ಅನ್ನೋ ಸ್ನೇಹಿತ , ಮಧ್ಯಾಹ್ನ ಊಟಕ್ಕೆ ಸಿಕ್ಬಿಡೋಣ ಅನ್ನೋ ಅಪ್ತ ,
ನಿಮ್ದು ಯಾವುದು ಹೇಳಿ.... ಹುಡುಗ ತರಕ್ ಹೋಗ್ತಿದಾನೆ ಅಂತ ಕೇಳೋ ಮತ್ತೊಬ್ಬ ಪರಮಾಪ್ತ ,
ನಮಸ್ಕಾರ ಸಾರ್ ಅಂದೊಡನೇ... ಚೆನ್ನಾಗಿದಿಯೇನಪ್ಪಾ ? ಮನೆಯಲ್ಲೆಲ್ಲಾ ಚೆನ್ನಾಗಿದಾರ ? ಏನ್ ಮಾಡ್ಕೊಂಡಿದೀಯಾ ? ಅಂತ ಎದುರಿಗೆ ಸಿಕ್ಕಿ ಕೇಳೋ ಮೇಷ್ಟ್ರು , ಒಂದು ಒಳ್ಳೇ ಸಿನಿಮಾ ನೋಡಿ ಬಂದಾಗ ಅದರ ಕಾಡುವಿಕೆ ಅದೇ ಡೈರೆಕ್ಟರ್ ‌ನ ಮತ್ತೊಂದು ಸಿನಿಮಾಗೆ ಕಾಯುವಿಕೆ, ಸೋಷಿಯಲ್ ಮೀಡಿಯಾದಲ್ಲಿ ಅಪ್ಲೋಡು ಶೇರಾಗೋ ಫೋಟೋಗಳು ಬರವಣಿಗೆ ವಿಡಿಯೋಗಳು ಜೋಕುಗಳು ತರಲೆಗಳು ಷಾರ್ಟ್ ಮೂವಿಗಳು , ಮಾಲು, ಥಿಯೇಟರ್ ,ಕಾಫಿ ಷಾಪು , ಅಲ್ಮೆರಾ ಸ್ವಚ್ಛಗೊಳಿಸುವಾಗ ಸಿಗುವ ಹಳೆಯ ಪಾಸ್‌ಪೋರ್ಟ್ ಫೋಟೋ , ಕಾಲೇಜಿನ ಹಳೇ ಐಡೆಂಟಿಟಿ ಕಾರ್ಡು, ಐದಾರು ಕಾಗದ ನೂರಾರು ನೆನಪು , ಹೊರಗಿನ ಮಳೆ ....ಮನೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ತಯಾರೋಗೋ ಬಿಸಿ ಬೋಂಡ ಜೊತೆಗೆ ಸುಡುವ ಕಾಫಿ, ಹಳೆಯ ಬಡಾವಣೆಗೆ ಹೋಗಿದ್ದಾಗ ಕಣ್ಮುಂದೆ ಪಾಸಾಗುವ ಫೇಲಾಗಿರುವ ಪ್ರೇಮಕತೆಗಳು, ಅದ್ಭುತವಾದ ಹಾಡುಗಳು , ಗುನುಗಾಡುವಂತಹ ಸಾಹಿತ್ಯ , ಪ್ರಪಂಚದ ಟಾಪ್ ಸಿನಿಮಾಗಳು , ಶ್ರೇಷ್ಠ ನಿರ್ದೇಶಕರು , ಕ್ರೀಡೆಗಳು , ನೆಚ್ಚಿನ ತಂಡ , ಅಭಿಮಾನಿಸೋ ನಟ , ಇಷ್ಟದ ಹೀರೋಯಿನ್ , ಕಾಮೆಡಿ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮಗಳು , ಸಂಬಂಧಗಳು , ಉಡುಪು , ಮನರಂಜನೆ , ನಮ್ಮಲ್ಲಿರೋ ಕನಸು ನನಸಾಗೋ ಆಸೆ, ನಮ್ಮ ಮೇಲಿಟ್ಟಿರೋ ಅಮ್ಮನ ಭರವಸೆ , ನಾಳೆ ಎನ್ನುವ ಹೊಸ ಹಾಳೆ ಅದರ ಮೇಲೆ ನಮ್ಮ ಬರಹ ಅದಕ್ಕೂ ಮೇಲೆ ಹಣೆಬರಹ , ಸೂರ್ಯೋದಯ , ಹುರುಪು , ಉತ್ಸಾಹ , ಸಂಜೆ , ಚಂದಿರ ಅದರ ಬೆಳದಿಂಗಳು, ವಿಜ್ಞಾನದ ನಾಗಾಲೋಟ.... ಪ್ರಯೋಗ ಸಂಶೋದನೆ ಅನ್ವೇಷಣೆ ಆವಿಷ್ಕಾರ , ಬರೆಯೋದೋ ಬಳಿಯೋದೋ ಹೊಡೆಯೋದೋ ಒರೆಸೋದೋ ನಡೆಸೋದೋ ನುಡಿಸೋದೋ ಸೇದೋದೋ ಊದೋದೋ ಎಂಥಾದ್ದೋ ಒಂದು ಕೆಲಸ ಯಾರೋ ಕಲಿಸಿದ ಕಸುಬು, ಕಾಮ ಕ್ರೋದ ಲೋಭ ಮೋಹ ಮದ ಮಾತ್ಸರ್ಯ ವೆಂಬ ಅರಿಷಡ್ವರ್ಗಗಳನ್ನು ಹದ್ದುಬಸ್ತಿನಲ್ಲಿಡೋ ಆತ್ಮಸ್ಥೈರ್ಯ, ಶೃಂಗಾರ ಹಾಸ್ಯ ರೌದ್ರ ವೀರ ಕರುಣ ಬೀಭತ್ಸ ಅದ್ಭುತ ಭಯಾನಕ ಶಾಂತ ಈ ನವರಸಗಳನ್ನು ಒಳಗೊಂಡ ಒಡಲು. ಹಬ್ಬ ಹರಿದಿನ ನಂಬಿಕೆ ದೇವರು ಪೂಜೆ ಪ್ರಾರ್ಥನೆ ಅನುಗ್ರಹ , ಸಾಧಿಸಲು ಹಠ , ಕಲಿತು ಬಿಡಲು ಚಟ , ಸಹಾಯ ಪಡೆದಾಗ ಹೇಳುವ ಥ್ಯಾಂಕ್ಸ್ , ಸಹಾಯ ಮಾಡಿದಾಗ ಪಡೆಯುವ ಥ್ಯಾಂಕ್ಸ್ , ಪ್ರವಾಸ , ಸಮುದ್ರ , ಬೀಚು , ಸಂಜೆ , ಪರ್ವತ , ಭಾಷೆ , ಕಲೆ , ಸಾಹಿತ್ಯ , ಸಂಗೀತ , ಸಿನಿಮಾ, ನಾಟಕ , ಮನರಂಜನೆ...........ಬದುಕಲು ಇಷ್ಟೆಲ್ಲಾ ಕಾರಣಗಳು ಇವೆ , ಸಾಕಾಗಲ್ವಾ ?
ಬಾಲಿವುಡ್ಡಿನ ಪ್ರತಿಭಾನ್ವಿತ ನಾಯಕನಟ ಸುಶಾಂತ್ ಸಿಂಗ್ ರಜ್ಪೂತ್ ಇಂದು ತನ್ನ ಮನೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಅಸುನೀಗಿದ್ದಾನೆ , ಸಿನಿರಸಿಕರ ಮನಸ್ಸಲ್ಲಿ ಇರುವಾಗಲೇ ಇಲ್ಲವಾಗಿದ್ದಾನೆ !
'ಹೃದಯವಿಧ್ರಾವಕ ' ಘಟನೆ ಇನ್ನೂ ತನಿಖೆ ಹಂತದಲ್ಲಿದೆ...ಹಂಗೇನಾದ್ರೂ ಆತ್ಮಹತ್ಯೆ ಅನ್ನುವುದು ನಿಜವೇ ಆಗಿದ್ರೆ.....ನಿಮಗೆ ಕ್ಷಮೆ ಇಲ್ಲ ....
ಶತ್ರುವೊಬ್ಬನನ್ನು ಕೊಂದು ಕೇಡಿ ಅನ್ನಿಸಿಕೊಂಡಿದ್ರೂ ಅಡ್ಡಿಯಿಲ್ಲ ನಿಮ್ಮನ್ನೇ ನೀವು ಕೊಂದು ಹೇಡಿ ಅಂತನ್ನಿಸಿಕೊಂಡ್ರಿ .
ನೀವು 'ದೋನಿಯಾಗಿ' ಆಟದಲ್ಲಿ ಗೆದ್ದಿದ್ರಿ .....ಆದ್ರೆ 'ನೀವೇ' ಆಗಿ ಉಸಿರಾಟದಲ್ಲಿ ಸೋತುಬಿಟ್ರಿ .
ವಿಲನ್ ಅಂತ ಅನ್ನಿಸ್ಕೊಂಡ ಸೋನು ಸೂದ್ ಏನ್ ಮಾಡ್ದ ? ಹೀರೋ ಅಂತ ಅನ್ನಿಸಿಕೊಂಡ ನೀವ್ ಏನ್ ಮಾಡ್ಕೊಂಡ್ರಿ ?
ನಿಮ್ಮದನ್ನ ನೀವು ಕಳ್ಕೊಂಡ್ರೆ ಯಾರ್ ಏನ್ ತಲೆಕೆಡಸ್ಕೋಳಲ್ಲ ........ನಿಮಗೆ ಜೀವ ಕೊಟ್ಟಿದ್ದು ನಿಮ್ ತಂದೆ ತಾಯಿ , ಅವರ ಕೊಟ್ಟ ಜೀವಾನ ನೀವು ಹೆಂಗ್ ಕಳ್ಕೊಂಡ್ರಿ ? ವಾಪಸ್ ಕೊಡಕ್ಕಾಗುತ್ತಾ ನಿಮ್ಗೆ ?
ಬದುಕು ಕಲಿಸೋ ಪಾಠ ಯಾವ ಸ್ಕೂಲು ಯಾವ ಟೀಚರ್ರೂ ಕಲಿಸಲ್ವಂತೆ ..... ಆದರೆ ನೀವು ಅನಾಯಾಸವಾಗಿ ಅರ್ಧಕ್ಕೇ ಎದ್ದು ಹೋಗ್ಬಿಟ್ರಿ
ನಿಮ್ಮ ಸ್ವಯಂಕೃತ ಅಪರಾಧಕ್ಕೆ....... ನಿಮ್ಮ ತಂದೆತಾಯಿಗೆ ಸಂಬಂಧಿಕರಿಗೆ ಸ್ನೇಹಿತರಿಗೆ ಅಭಿಮಾನಿಗಳಿಗೆ ಇಡೀ ಚಿತ್ರೋದ್ಯಮಕ್ಕೆ ಜೀವನಪರ್ಯಂತ ನೋವಿನ ಶಿಕ್ಷೆ .

Credits - Maasthi Manju

Punnam harshith

Deccan chronicle article on problems and discrimination faced by telangana film makers even after 6 years of formation of telangana

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk