Puneet Raj Kumar starrer Milana has completed fifty days run in 37 centres around the state and it was a celebration time for the film's producer Dushyanth and director Prakash. The team of Milana organised a press meet to share their happiness over the successful run of the film. The film's hero Puneet Raj Kumar and heroine Pooja Gandhi were present along with lyricist Jayanth Kaikini whose songs in the film have become extremely popular.
Prakash said that Milana has been successfully running in 37 centres in Karnataka and has completed fifty days run in all the centres it was released. The film had opened with good initial despite heavier competition, he added. 'The collections were steady for two weeks and from the third week onwards the film's revenue has been showing an increasing trend. And the craze for the film has not yet shown any signs of decrease from the third week' Prakash added. Prakash thanked the entire team for the success of the film and was happy that his first film with Puneet Raj Kumar has turned out to be a major hit.
Dushyanth said the film's music, good direction and neat performances from all the artists was responsible for the success of the film. He thanked the film's director Prakash and Power Star Puneet Raj Kumar for giving their best contributions to make the film appealing. He also added that Mano Murthy's melodious music has been greatly appreciated in the film.
Puneet Raj Kumar who came a little late in the function (he had gone to the State Government Rajyothsava Award distribution function where Ms. Parvathamma Raj Kumar was receiving the award) said that the success of the film was a reward to the hard work done by the entire team.
Pooja Gandhi said that even though she had done a brief role, her performance was much appreciated in the film.
1. 'Milana' - The film took off from the third week and has recorded increasing popularity since then. Melodious music and meaty performances are drawing family audiences.
2. 'Krishna' - With much loved star Ganesh in the lead role, the film had a good opening, but after the fourth week, it has begun to lose its appeal and slipped to number two position this fortnight.
3. 'Aa Dinagalu' - Director Chaitanya's underworld drama is a big success story. Though it did not have an impressive opening, the film picked up from the second week. Made on a modest budget, 'Aa Dinagalu' is doing notably well in Bangalore, Mysore and Shimoga.
4. 'Yuga' - Starring Vijay in the lead, the film had a fantastic opening, but the collections started dropping from the fourth day. It failed to pick up during Diwali holidays.
5. 'Geleya' - Made without superstars and on a reasonable budget, the movie may not have raked in big money but has done fairly well.